Legal services for the Recruitment Industry
In addition to the wide range of legal services we offer for individuals and businesses, we have specialist knowledge of working with clients from the recruitment industry in Brighton, Sussex and beyond.
Having represented a large number of recruitment companies nationwide, our team based in Brighton understand the legal issues you face on a daily basis. Our industry knowledge coupled with our legal expertise means that we are uniquely placed to offer you tailor made advice on all aspects of the law that affects the recruitment sector.
We offer bespoke legal advice in a range of areas including:
- Reviewing, creating, & amending contract terms – Permanent, Contract, PAYE, Executive Search and Interim
- Contract reviews – Client, RPOs, MSAs, PSLs
- Consultants’ Restrictive Covenants – enforcement, advice, protection
- Specific recruitment issues – Eg: IR35, AWR, Transfer & Introduction Fees; RPO’s;CIS
- Backdoor Hires
- The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 – advice, impact, & opting out
- Contractual and Financial disputes - with clients, candidates or suppliers; from Debt Recovery to complex commercial litigation
- Credit management and credit control - including Invoice Discounting advice
- Insolvency & restructuring – of your Client, a Candidate, or your company
- HR & Employment – Advising generally and drafting , creating or amending Employment contracts and Company Handbook
- Commercial property – advice, acquisitions & disposals
- Shareholders Agreements, Directors Service Agreements, Articles of Association
We are also uniquely placed to offer employment law advice to your candidates. Read more here.
How will IR35 affect your recruitment business?
In 2017 the legislation known as IR35 was altered and in turn has had a huge impact on recruitment companies nationwide. To help your recruitment company understand and implement the changes to IR35 we have put together a clear 3 point plan. Click here to download this quick guide on how we can help you.
As a recruitment business, did you put everything in place before the changes in April 2021? Follow this quick guide flowchart and ensure your company is IR35 ready.
We offer a variety of pricing structures to suit our clients’ needs, ranging from the traditional hourly rate to monthly retainers, to fixed fees.
Freedom to focus on your business
At Cognitive Law, our retainer packages are available from as little as £495 per month giving you constant access to legal advice, whenever you need it, on all commercial legal matters relating to your business, from experienced, qualified solicitors.
Find out more about our retainer packages here.
If your legal requirements fluctuate, and you don't want the commitment of a Retainer, you can still have access to our legal expertise at the hourly rate of £300; or select what you need from our fixed price menus. You still have access to all our services, whenever you need them, just on an ad-hoc basis.
Conditional Fee Agreements (CFAs)
These may be available for Backdoor Hire claims (Subject to approval).
They work on a No Win – No Fee basis.
If you win the claim, then you pay us the appropriate fees, most of which will be recovered from your opponent. However, if you lose the claim, you only have to pay the expenses it cost to pursue the claim.
We are here for you
Our aim is to take a practical and commercial approach to providing high-quality legal advice on any matters that cross a recruitment director’s desk. Cognitive Law is a client centric law firm with outstanding levels of service at the core of its business. Our solicitors are uniquely placed to provide commercial and legal advice at every level, from the board, through operations, to the sales floor.