What We Do
legal services for the Recruitment Industry
Having represented a large number of recruitment companies nationwide, our team based in Brighton understand the legal issues you face on a daily bases. Our industry knowledge coupled with our legal expertise means that we are uniquely placed to offer you tailor made advice on all aspects of the law that affects the recruitment sector.
We offer bespoke legal advice in a range of areas including:
- Reviewing, creating, & amending contract terms – Permanent, Contract, PAYE, Executive Search and Interim
- Contract reviews – Client, RPOs, MSAs, PSLs
- Consultants’ Restrictive Covenants – enforcement, advice, protection
- Specific recruitment issues – Eg: IR35, AWR, Transfer & Introduction Fees; RPO’s;CIS
- Backdoor Hires
- The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 – advice, impact, & opting out
- Contractual and Financial disputes - with clients, candidates or suppliers; from Debt Recovery to complex commercial litigation
- Credit management and credit control - including Invoice Discounting advice
- Insolvency & restructuring – of your Client, a Candidate, or your company
- HR & Employment – Advising generally and drafting , creating or amending Employment contracts and Company Handbook
- Commercial property – advice, acquisitions & disposals
- Shareholders Agreements, Directors Service Agreements, Articles of Association
We are also uniquely placed to offer employment law advice to your candidates. Read more here.
How will IR35 affect your recruitment business?
In 2017 the legislation known as IR35 was altered and in turn has had a huge impact on recruitment companies nationwide. To help your recruitment company understand and implement the changes to IR35 we have put together a clear 3 point plan. Click here to download this quick guide on how we can help you.
As a recruitment business, what can you do now ahead of the impeding changes in April 2021? Follow this quick guide flowchart and ensure your company is IR35 ready.
We offer a variety of pricing structures to suit our clients’ needs, ranging from the traditional hourly rate to monthly retainers.
We have fixed fees available for the following matters:
- Employment document drafting (including policies, procedures, & employment contracts)
- Client and Candidate contract drafting
- Undefended Debt Recovery
- Shareholders’ Agreements, Articles of Association, Directors’ Service Agreements
Our contract review fees for MSA, PSL, RPO and client contracts, etc. are as follows:
- Short (1-10 pages) £125
- Medium (11-24 pages) £250
- Large (25+ pages) £375
Freedom to focus on your business.
At Cognitive Law, annual retainers are available from as little as £300 per month giving you constant access to legal advice, whenever you need it, on all commercial legal matters relating to your business, from experienced, qualified Brighton based solicitors.
To find out more about what an annual retainer includes click here.
Conditional Fee Agreements (CFAs)
These may be available for Backdoor Hire claims (Subject to approval).
They work on a No Win – No Fee basis.
If you win the claim, then you pay us the appropriate fees, most of which will be recovered from your opponent. However, if you lose the claim, you only have to pay the expenses it cost to pursue the claim.
We are here for you
Our aim is to take a practical and commercial approach to providing high-quality legal advice on any matters that cross a recruitment director’s desk. Cognitive Law is a client centric law firm with outstanding levels of service at the core of its business. Our solicitors are uniquely placed to provide commercial and legal advice at every level, from the board, through operations, to the sales floor.
At Cognitive Law we work closely with a number of professional services that we trust to provide you with relevant, additional, and valuable, support for your recruitment business. Visit our Trusted Partners page here.
Recruitment Industry Specialists
To read more articles relevant to the recruitment industry please visit our News page here.