Preparing a will is not usually high up on anyone’s list of things to do. We tend to think the worst is never going to happen and prefer to spend money on other things.
Others believe that if they get a will they are ‘tempting fate’. And then, many others fully intend to have a will, but never get around to arranging it.
Whilst all these reasons are understandable, a will is the only way to ensure that you have control over who inherits your money and possessions.
Here are just some of the reasons as to why you should make a will.
- You want everyone to know where they stand when the time comes
- You have very definite ideas concerning your funeral arrangements
- You want a specific person to act as executor
- You don’t wish your children to inherit at the age of 18
- You don’t want to leave your estate equally to all of your children
- You don’t want a child or family member to inherit anything
- It’s your second marriage and you don’t want your spouse to inherit everything outright
- You wish to set up a trust for a vulnerable child or beneficiary.
- You want to leave all your money to your cat
- You want to leave your stamp collection to a certain individual who will treasure them
Having a fully qualified solicitor or Legal Executive, experienced in this area of law draw up a will will ensure your wishes will be carried out. We take a personal and sensitive approach and listen carefully to your intentions, ensuring your will is tailored made to your requests.
If you would like further information or would like to arrange a will please call 0333 400 4499.