15a Brighton Place
Claire is a HR professional with over 20 year’s experience in the financial and professional services sectors. She is particularly skilled in Performance Management, having implemented various practices and processes in different organisations. Claire is passionate about building relationships with clients to fully understand the needs of the business and to find a bespoke and commercial way to deal with a diverse range of people-related issues.
Claire acts as a Consultant to businesses who need to bring in specialist skills. She takes into consideration the size and needs of the organisation before working out the right way forward at the right cost. Claire works on long term projects, ad-hoc queries and in a retained capacity.
Claire’s areas of experience include:
- Performance Management (setting objectives, ongoing and annual reviews, managing poor performance)
- Consulting with management regarding people-related issues
- Coaching senior level staff in their new roles and expectations
- Planning and managing restructures and redundancies (communications, paperwork, consultation, timeframes)
- Supporting management to develop solutions to people-related business issues
- Moderating team development measures; promotions, bonuses, salary reviews etc
- Reviewing policies (recruitment, employee handbook etc)
- Advising on flexible work requests, complex absence cases
- Offering suggestions for improvements and efficiencies for people-related activities
- Introducing streamlined processes (including mapping, monitoring and tracking)
- Employee Relations (including disciplinary, grievance, performance, conduct, capability)
- Acting as a trusted adviser/business partner/critical friend/devil’s advocate to give an alternative perspective
Following a career in the City and then moving to one of the Big 4, Claire made some lifestyle changes including moving location and starting a family. She brings much practical experience in best practice and after completing her MA in Human Resources Management backs this up with sound theory.