Operations and Admin Assistant
Cognitive Law is a contemporary law firm based in Brighton, with a nationwide presence. It has a small but mighty Head Office in the Sussex Innovation Centre on the Falmer campus of the University of Sussex, which looks after a network of consultant fee earners throughout the country.
We are looking for an Operations & Admin Assistant to join the Head Office team in Brighton, to assist and report to the Directors in respect of the firm’s operational matters on a day-to-day basis. The role includes liaising with new and existing consultants, ensuring SRA compliance, opening and scanning post, answering the phone, and providing office administration support.
The successful candidate would preferably have previous experience within a law firm, be happy to work with minimal supervision after initial training and induction, and feel comfortable in an outward facing role.
The role is full time, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, and can be carried out in the office and remotely.
The salary range is £20,000 – £22,000 depending on experience.
Cognitive Law was founded in 2014 and although it is headquartered in Brighton, all the fee earners working with the firm do so on a virtual and flexible basis as self-employed consultants. The firm offers legal and HR services to businesses and private clients throughout the UK, Japan, and Spain.
Overseen by the founding Managing Director, and supported by her co-Director, the Head Office operations team provides financial, marketing, IT, and compliance support to the firm’s network of fee earners. To attract and retain the best legal talent, the operations team of Cognitive Law is responsible for ensuring a smoothly run, compliant practice.
· Must have previous experience in operations &/or administration, preferably in a law firm
· Must have a high level of IT experience with Office 365 and preferably with legal case management systems
· Will be able to work without supervision and with initiative (after on-site training and induction)
· Will understand or be willing to learn the compliance requirements of a law firm set by the SRA
· Must be committed to offering an exceptional standard of service
Full training on internal procedures will be given.
The successful Candidate will be required to provide 2 references.
- Company pension
- Sick pay
Shared office space is sanitised regularly and masks worn throughout. Social distancing is applied at all times.
- A-Level or equivalent (required)
- office based administration: 1 year (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org